Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama Bin Laden's death

When I found out Osama bin Laden was finally killed, I couldn't help but be relieved. Most of the world are only happy about his death because he was the terrorist that ordered the attack on 9/11. But for me and my family, it's much more. My dad is a retired marine and served in Iraq 3 times. His 3rd time, on Feburary 26,2005 he, and two other marines were driving down the road in their humvee in Iraq. Hi gunner was obviously working the gun and the other marine was driving. But my dads humvee, hit an IED(roadside bomb) Osama Bin Laden sent someone to plant those IED's!!!!!!! And because of Osama Bin Laden, my dads gunner was killed! And my dad almost died along with his gunner! So when we found out Osmama was killed, I was so unbelievably relieved. But when I got to school, kids were making jokes about Osama and how he died. I just blew it off. But then I got home and was watching the news with my parents. The parents of my dads gunner were on the news, talking about Osama bin Laden's death. We expected them to be super happy that he wouldn't be hurting anyone else ever again. But that wasn't the case at all. Yes, they were relieved but they were disappointed that Americans were celebrating Osama's death. The gunners dad said, quote "if we are celebrating the death of this man, then we are no better then he is" and he's right. Did he get what he deserved? Yes. He mass murdered millions. His death is being compared to Hitlers!! But, if you think about it, if we run around chanting "USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!! OSAMA'S DEAD!!!" the. We are no better then Osama bin laden himself. Yes, I'm very proud to be an American, but I'm defiantly not proud of the way most Americans are acting about this. I feel sorry for Osama because even tho his actions almost killed my father, Osama is the one who is burning in He'll for the rest of eternity. Americans, please don't celebrate this death. Because this death has just put us in further danger. Osama's people are not happy and very soon someone will be taking his place. And I don't want this country attacked again.
God Bless America!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment